Minimizing supply risks and costs, ensuring quality
More and more companies are focusing on their core competencies and are outsourcing complete modules of the value creation chain in pre- or post-production – despite an increasing variety of parts and shortening product life cycles. Beyond mere supply relations, services such as development partnerships are increasingly being outsourced, all of which results in complex networks of interdependencies and supply risks. ConMoto develops strategic supplier management for your company that minimizes risks and costs whilst ensuring the desired procurement quality.
Challenges of separated value creation chains
The separation of service and value creation chains implies a wide range of challenges. These can be met with professionally designed supplier management as a core component of structured and strategic partnerships. ConMoto experts provide an analytically firm basis for your decisions. As for that, strategic make-or-buy decisions are the initial step to making the right choices for your company. Supply risks can already be reduced sustainably in the product development phase, for example by the integral implementation of cross-company development and industrialization processes.
We limit critical dependencies on individual suppliers through the early selection of potential alternatives and the targeted control of procurement volumes. The management of work relationships to strategically important but difficult-to-replace suppliers is particularly crucial. Our consultants ensure the competitiveness of your company with appropriate integration measures. The concentration of procurement volumes on the most competitive suppliers and the reduction of the supplier base release synergetic potentials. These are always associated with cost effects, but require continuous monitoring, too.
Strategic and operational tasks of supplier management
Together with you, the ConMoto consultants develop and design the basic elements of strategic supplier management:
- Derivation of individual sourcing strategies as the basis for segmentation and definition of the procurement portfolio as well as the number of suppliers
- Development of a supplier evaluation system for a continuous monitoring of supplier performance and preventive risk management
- Conclusion of individual supplier contracts, including detailed service descriptions and supplier involvement
The operational objectives of supplier management are primarily focused on securing supply, increasing performance and reducing procurement costs. ConMoto supports your company regarding the following tasks:
- Execution of supplier assessments and audits
- Cross-divisional identification of interferences and their sources
- Prioritization of action
- Set-up of an optimization program and/or development of alternative scenarios
- Consistent and sustainable supplier development and follow-up on all measures